Monday, March 28, 2011

Aren't you the "ONE" that had the twins?

Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. John 14:27

  So, I guess this is what I am changing my name to. For anyone else who may wonder, I'll go ahead and tell you, Yes, I'm the one that had the twins.  Does anyone else find this just a tad but strange?  I mean if the babies were still here and thriving I would love to be known as the ONE that had the twins, but they aren't.  I do not mind at all being associated with being Easton and Parker's mother but seriously, isn't there a better way of asking about my children?  They do have names.  For that matter why can't I just be Betsy.  I, do not walk around to everyone I meet, saying "Oh you are the one who had the little boy/girl", or ,"your the one who had the baby last year"  There are lots of people who have twins and I am sure when they meet someone for the first time this is not the question they are asked.  I just find this Oh so weird actually.  I am curious as to how long this will go on.  I can't go anywhere with a group of people without this being asked.  I am not mad by any means or even really offended by this question but if you were thinking about asking it, I'll ahead and tell you that I would rather you not.  This just leads to you telling me how very sorry you are and me saying well, I have been asked worse things.  I would rather you come up to me and say, "Oh, you are Easton and Parker's mom".  To this I would say, yes I am.  It just settles a little easier with me and sounds a bit more  personal.  Most of the time when I am asked this question the person that asks me will tell the person next to them, don't you remember, she's the one who had the twins. To that they will either say no I don't remember or oh yes, you are so and so's friend I remember him/her telling me about you.  So, enough babbling for today! 

No comments:

Post a Comment