Sunday, May 22, 2011

Some People?

"The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish but for all to come to repentance." 2 Peter 3:9
Has anyone heard of this crazed man, Harold Camping?  If so then I am sorry if he has changed your views on God and your Christian beliefs.  This man scoffs God over and over and obviously has a few screws loose.  I am not sure how a God fearing man could even come close to planning the day that Our God would return.  This verse, Matthew 24:36 says it all,   "No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father so, if not even Jesus knows the day or hour, how could the common man?   Here is another verse that simply states the same thing, Then if anyone says to you, ‘Look, here is the Christ!’ or ‘There he is!’ do not believe it. For false christs and false prophets will arise and perform great signs and wonders, so as to lead astray, if possible, even the elect. See, I have told you beforehand. So, if they say to you, ‘Look, he is in the wilderness,’ do not go out. If they say, ‘Look, he is in the inner rooms,’ do not believe itI hate that Christians are being mocked on TV and made a spectacle of, when these people who are saying these things have obviously not researched their OWN BIBLE.  God wants to give everyone the opportunity to come to him before he returns.  There are many countries who have not heard the word of God, and His word promises that he will not return until they have.  So, if you fell for this, then please take a look at your Bible and realize that our God does not work as this lunatic has said. Do not fear God's return but be ready and waiting, his return may not be in our lifetime, but it certainly will happen...Mark 13:32-37 states, "Be on guard, keep awake. For you do not know when the time will come. It is like a man going on a journey, when he leaves home and puts his servants in charge, each with his work, and commands the doorkeeper to stay awake. Therefore stay awake—for you do not know when the master of the house will come, in the evening, or at midnight, or when the rooster crows, or in the morning— lest he come suddenly and find you asleep.And what I say to you I say to all: Stay awake.”     Sorry to be on my soap box but I have been INFURIATED with this man.  Anyone who makes fun or takes my God lightly, breaks my heart.  We are lucky to have such a loving, caring, forgiving Lord, that allows people to turn their backs on Him and then return without being judged.

  One a more cheerful note, my brother in law graduated from Louisiana Tech this Saturday and was one of twelve students who graduated with a 4.0.  There were almost 900 total graduates.  We are so very proud of him.  My sister in law, his fiance also graduated in Speech Pathology on Saturday from ULM.  They make our family smile! Here are a few pics...



Our family!
Melissa and I!

1 comment:

  1. I completely agree with you!! Not only was I outraged by this mans statements but his predicted day was my son's birthday! I hated that that stupid crap was touted to be the same day!

    ReplyDelete