Monday, May 16, 2011

Doing away with the name plate...

    Finally, six months after giving birth to Easton and Parker, we decided it was past time to pick out their head stone.  While most mother's are cuddling their babies, I am struggling to choose the best scripture to put on my children's grave.  I am not bitter, jealous, angry, or mad.  I am simply heart broken.  Like I've said many many times before, God knew what he was doing when he placed Trent and I together.  We agree on all of the BIG things and most of the small things.  Don't get me wrong, we have our fair share of arguments and I am sure many of my friends would testify to this, but they are all silly and over nothing noteworthy.  When it came to choosing the words to place on Easton and Parker's head stone, we agreed as usual.
   Our Saturday started off bright and early, as we had to be in Ruston to make our decisions before 9:00 a.m.  We went in saying that we wanted a black head stone and a very simply scripture or saying.  Nothing to big or bold.  After almost two hours of deliberating, we made our choice and were headed home.  We were glad to find out that we won't have to wait too terribly long, as we were told it would only take 2-3 months to have it in.  If you are wondering what we chose, I won't make you wonder any longer.  We chose a green (yes green) headstone that actually looks dark brown.  It is beautiful (well as beautiful as a head stone can be) we thought it was dark brown and were slightly confused when we were told that it was green.  Only from a forty degree angle does it actually seem green.  It has just the perfect amount of dark brown speckles and just the right gloss finish to make it shine in the sunlight.  It will be perfect..  The top of it reads, McCoy and under that says, Benjamin Parker and Easton Craig.  We chose the verse Psalms 139:14, " I  praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made" and this is right beneath their names.  We struggled with how much of the verse we should put but any of you who have ever dealt with this, know that there is only so much room.  We decided this was our favorite part of the verse and was very special to us due to it being read at the hospital and during the funeral.  It was very fitting.  At the bottom we wanted to write something personal (another reason we had to cut the verse short) and we decided to have "Our Sweet Loves" engraved.  This is what I called the boys from the beginning and they truly were our loves.  Hopefully it will be everything we imagined and will be here in the near future.  I am ready to have something more than a name plate that reads "Easton and Parker Mccoy, infants."  Actually it says Easton and Benjamin due to error but that's ok.  Something about seeing the word infant on a name plate by a huge pile of dirt makes me sick.  So we are more than ready for something beautiful to be in it's place.   I'll leave you with a picture of the color of the head stone.  This is not the shape of the one that we got because there was not one on the lot in the shape and color that we want but you can get an idea of the color.  I also have a picture of another one which is the shape we chose but it is not in the correct color but like I said, you can get the idea of the shape.


Here is the color...


Here is the "green" again...


This speckled one is the shape we chose, but not in this color...
 For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb.
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful, I know that full well.
My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place.
When I was woven together in the depths of the earth,  your eyes saw my unformed body.
All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.
How precious to me are your thoughts, O God!
How vast is the sum of them! 
Were I to count them, they would outnumber the grains of sand. When I awake, I am still with you.


This verse gets me through the days!  God knew the "plan" for our lives, and for Easton and Parker's also.  They made me one proud mama and I know Trent would say the same.  We are forever changed (for the better) thanks to our sweet loves!

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful headstone for such handsome litle boys! They will be very proud little guys!

    I'm sending prayers for your continued comfort and strength!

    xoxox

    ReplyDelete