Monday, January 10, 2011

Test's test's and more test's

5 weeks along!  Still a secret at this point!

When I arrived for my ultrasound the next day I was a mixture of terrified and excited.  I left still fearing what might happen.  The ultrasound tech couldn't see anything on my left ovary.  I was confused because I had just been told that I had an unidentified mass.  The technician was very thorough with the ultrasound and couldn't find any problems what so ever.  Once again my God had, in my mind performed a miracle. 

     Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present you requests to God.  All of the peace that transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. (Philippians 4:6-7)

    I was hope full to be able to see the baby at this ultrasound but we couldn't.  I was only 4 weeks along at the time and so the only sign of pregnancy, was  thickening of my cervix and of course the positive blood work.  After this ultrasound I took my results back across the street to my Dr. and sat with her to get her opinion.  I would now be told my my intestines were possibly wrapped around my ovary, which would explain the pain.  I would rather think that my God, all powerful and mighty did the job and corrected the problem.  I was also given news that rocked my world and totally shocked me.  Now there was a possibility that I was having a tubal pregnancy (this is the where the baby develops in the fallopian tube instead of in the stomach).  Once again I thought, there is no way this is happening.  I have been told I had poly cystic ovaries, a mass, intestines wrapped around my ovary, and now of all things a possible tubal pregnancy.  My Dr. told me that she had reason to believe my pregnancy was tubal due to the fact that my hormone levels were so low at this point and also because of the pain.  She told me if my tube ruptured there was a chance I wouldn't be able to have more children.  I was not able to ride in the car to go back to our parents that weekend due to the possibility of this happening.  Now all I could do was sit in Lake Charles waiting for my tube to rupture or for the pain to get so bad that I would go to the emergency room and have a D & C. 
     Over the next two weeks I had blood work every other day.  My level needed to double every 48 hours if this was indeed a normal pregnancy, and they did.  My level went from 23 to 90 in just a few days.  We weren't in the clear yet because I would now need another ultrasound to see if we could see the baby and where it was located.  I would have to wait another week for this though.  We needed to ensure that I was at least 5 weeks along in order to see the baby in the sac, or in the tube.  On August 12th my prayers were once again answered.  The ultrasound technician showed me the tiny gestational sac (IN MY TUMMY) that proved this was a healthy pregnancy.  The next day I was sent back to my Dr. to be referred to a baby Dr.  She was surprised with how this how all worked out but still told me there was a 15 to 20% chance I would miscarry.  She said these were the statistics, and that I should be aware.  She was always very straight forward, like it or not.  She also told me that she was not God and that He would determine the outcome, not her.
     We were still urged to not tell our family yet, due to the fact that I was only 4-5 weeks along.  So we waited until closer to my next Dr.s appointment.  The weekend that we told was right before my next appointment which was on August 24th.  We announced it at church this weekend, believing that we needed all of the prayers we could get.  I thought it would be smooth sailing from here.  Boy was I wrong.

     Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance.   Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.  (James 1:2-4)

     The day after we announced our great news at church I had one of the biggest scares of my life.  It was on a Monday, the day that would begin my fall semester at McNeese in order to get my next degree in may 2011.  As I was walking out the door to school I began to feel strange.  It was then I realized that I was bleeding very heavily and must be having a miscarriage.  I was distraught.  Once again while picking up the phone to call Trent, my mom called.  I was sobbing and told her I didn't know what to do but that I was pretty sure I was losing the baby.  She left work immediately and drove to LC.  I called Trent and he took me to the emergency room.   My appointment with my baby Dr. was the next morning so she was of no help to me yet, due to the fact that I was a first time patient.  I had blood work once again and was sent home until they called me that evening with the results of my hormone levels.   The results were staggering.  My levels had gone from 1,402 to 35,000 in just a few weeks. My next question was an obvious one to me.  Am I having twins?  The nurse assured me that I probably wasn't and told me that these levels, although very high were still considered normal range for a singleton pregnancy.  Now that I knew I most probably wasn't miscarrying, although I wouldn't know  for sure until my ultrasound the next day, my thoughts went to what in the world I was going to do about college.  I had missed the first day of classes and had no room to get behind, due to the fact that I was taking 21 hours in order to be able to graduate in May.  What a rollercoaster we were on!!!!!  and the next day would only add to the ride..

No comments:

Post a Comment