Sunday, January 9, 2011

Lot's of news in so little time!

On August 4, 2010 Trent and I received our GREAT news.  Little did we know, the next 5 months would be bittersweet. This is where our journey begins.  This past March 2010 I finally went to the Dr. because of constant pain in my left ovary area.  It had been going on for about two months went I finally caved and went and had it checked.  The news I received scared me.  To give you a little back ground info. My mom has poly cystic ovaries and it seemed to my Dr. that it had been hereditary and I would now suffer from the same disease that caused my mom years to become a mother herself.  I was terrified.  I was sent for an ultrasound and it came back clear.  There was nothing wrong with my ovary and I would be perfectly fine.  "God is great".  The pain eventually quit and then suddenly started back in July, worried once again I went back to the Dr.  This time I was told I had an unknown mass on my left ovary.  I knew from the previous ultrasound that I didn't have poly cystic ovaries.  Now my fear was something even worse.  I asked as many questions as I could think of but all my Dr. would say was there was definitely something there but she wasn't sure what.  I went home that evening and Trent and I prayed that I would be healed and that the pain would stop. 
The next morning I was sent for blood work and told that I needed to have another ultrasound on the upcoming Wednesday.  I had my blood work and went home to wait for the dreaded ultrasound the next day.  That evening I received a phone call from my Dr.s office telling me to have another pregnancy test when I went for my ultrasound the next day!  I was SHOCKED.  I told the nurse there must be a mistake because I was not pregnant and was being checked the next day to see what this unknown mass was that had been causing pain for months.  Once again "God is GREAT".  I began to cry while on the phone with the nurse.  I asked her was she telling me that I was pregnant.  "Yes" she said "it seems you are".  My mind began to race.  I was going to me a mother.  God had given me just what I always wanted.  She then told me I still needed the ultrasound the next day to see what this unknown pain was.  For the rest of the day everything was perfect as I tried to figure out how to tell Trent.  This was something I had thought about for months.  I wasted no time worrying about the pain that was still plagueing me.  I had been given a miracle.  My Dr. had already warned me that It would probably be a year before I conceived, if that quick.  She told me I may end up having to take Clomid to jump start ovulation but she wouldn't prescribe this until we for sure knew what the problem was.  So I quit taking my birth control in May and Trent and I began once again to pray that God would  give us the desires of our hearts. 
         My mind kept spinning.  A year was all I kept saying to myself," a year".  The Dr. was wrong it hadn't taken a year .  God heard our crys and blessed us in two short months.  I instantly jumped im my car and raced to Trent's office.  He would be so happy.  We would both be so happy.  I couldn't believe how blessed we had been and my mind began to think ahead ,as I wondered, would we have a boy or a girl?  and  What would he/ she look like?

                  "So do not fear; for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God.  I will strengthen you and help you."  (Isa. 41:10)

No comments:

Post a Comment