Tuesday, October 11, 2011

We Passed the Test...

This past Friday night and then again Sunday night I had to go to labor and delivery because of these crazy contractions.  Between 7 pm and 8:10 pm I had fifteen that I had counted.  At this point I felt there was a problem.  So for at least the fifth time, Trent and I made our way to the hospital to check on Canon and see what in the world was going on.  I was told once again that it was probably another infection causing the contractions and also the fact that I have terrible tummy issues.  They got me all hooked up and sure enough they were picking up each contraction.  The Dr on call decided to run a Fetal Fibronectan test which is what I had done a few weeks ago that the specialist told me to throw out because I wasn't far enough along at the time.  This time we had it ran and waited patiently on results.  If it came back positive I was told I wouldn't leave the hospital, basically until we had Canon and that if it were positive there was a chance that he would be born in 10-14 days.  As you can imagine, we panicked.  In 14 days, I would only be a little over 25 weeks.  So, my questions began, what will you do to stop labor if need be and how will you  save my very small baby?  Although, she was trying to be confident and very sweet, the nurse seemed to scare  us even more.  So, Trent and I kept praying and asking God to give us and Canon the strength to get past this.  I know God won't give us more than we can handle, but at this point Trent and I were at a breaking point.  Not to mention that the monitor started dinging and the babies heart rate was all of the sudden unable to be heard.  I began screaming for nurses (who probably thought I was insane) and they came running.  They quickly got his heart beat on the monitor again and said he was just crooked in my tummy, which was causing the machine trouble reading it.  This was a huge sigh of relief.  A few moments later the nurse comes in an tells us that my test  was NEGATIVE.  Hallelujah, God heard our prayers. We were told that there was an extremely high false positive on this kind of test and so not to be surprised if it came back positive.  So, after all of the scares and heartache, we were sent home once again, with reassurance that Canon wouldn't make his entrance for at least another  two weeks.  We go back to the specialist Monday and are supposed to have the test ran again soon to see if we are still in the clear.  Thanks for all of the continued prayers.  We need them so much right now.  Trent jokes and says that Canon is not going to have any brother's and sister's because of all of the scares that he has put us through.  I now realize though what a blessing it will be to have at least one child to love and watch grow.  It just may be quite a while before we plan to have number 2, 3, and possibly 4.  Yes, we want a large family if possible.

1 comment:

  1. Prayers for all 3 of you! Hope things stay quiet in there for just a little longer for baby Canon!