Wednesday, July 20, 2011

11 Weeks, 6 Days...

   Our appointment went very well today and we are thrilled.  Baby McCoy was so wiggly that it was hard to get its heartbeat but when we did it was a healthy 170.  All seems to be well with him/her.  We will see a specialist on August 15th and he will be looking for signs of preterm labor and thinning of the cervix. If this happens then I will immediately have a cerclage done and will most likely take shots until at least 31 weeks to hold off labor.  Please keep us in your prayers and pray that we only receive good news.  We want to go with Trent's family to Gulf Shores mid August but we have our appointment scheduled for three days before we leave to make sure that it will be safe for me to go.  If we can't, no big deal because obviously the well being of our baby comes first, but it would be a great time. Thanks to everyone who has been praying.  We truly appreciate all of the thoughts.  I will let you know how we keep progressing.

1 comment:

  1. Praying!

    I chose to do the wait and see method also. I got bi-weekly cervical checks starting at 12w. If my cervix started acting up, then the plan was to do an immediate cerclage. I took progesterone shots weekly starting at 16w - 32w and that seemed to help a lot. Good luck to you!